Wow that’s a mouthful of a name! But I had to let you know how great the nutrition facts for these little cookies are! They have super healthy ingredients and have a buttery taste from the coconut oil!
These were approved by my brother who won’t eat anything remotely healthy so I knew they had to be good! Anyways here is the recipe:
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil(*Chilled so it is hard like butter!)
- 1 tbsp applesauce(room temperature)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup splenda or other sweetener(or less if you don’t like your cookies too sweet!)
- 1/2 cup oat flour(*to make, process about 2/3 a cup of oats in your food processor until flour consistency)
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup quick/rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raisins*Everything is room temperature so the coconut oil blends smoothly and does not harden up. If it does, just place your batter near an open oven for a few minutes to soften the batter again.
*Note: If the batter is too dry stir in another tbsp of applesauce, if too wet, add another 1/4 cup of oats.
Recipe Makes 19 cookies.
With an electric mixer, beat coconut oil for 1 minute. Add egg, vanilla & applesauce and beat on high for another minute. Add SPLENDA® Granulated and beat until well blended. Combine flours,oats, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into your wet mixture until smooth. Stir in raisins.
Drop from small spoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with back of spoon. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned on bottoms.(You want to under bake these a bit as they will harden more out of the oven) Cool on rack. Store in air-tight container.