I am not going to say much other than..this is honestly the best cookie recipe I’ve made to date. These are the real deal. Fudgey, goey, chocolatey, soft, moist, all the things you look for in a good cookie. You don’t taste the pumpkin, so if you aren’t a pumpkin lover then have no fear, you will still adore these cookies. TRUST ME.
Serves 9 (or 1 if you’re insane like me)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree(68g)
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil(7g)
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop molten chocolate cellucor whey(34g)
- 1/4 cup instant oats (23g)
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or just under)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (or just under)
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp Truvia sweetener (or another sweetener to taste, add a little more than you think because the sweetness tends to decrease as they bake)
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips (I used the enjoy life dark chocolate chips)
Pre-heat your oven to 350*F and spray or grease a baking sheet with oil. (I used pam). Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a medium-size bowl.(Make sure the coconut oil is melted ahead of time and the molasses is heated slightly to make it easier to incorporate). In another larger bowl combine all of your dry ingredients until there are no clumps (don’t add the sweetener just yet!). Now stir your wet into your dry ingredients and now add sweetener to taste. Lastly, fold in your mini chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls to make 9 medium sized cookies on your baking sheet.
Bake for 7-9min depending on how soft you like your cookies! DON’T OVERBAKE. Check that they are still a little soft to the touch but not squishy(they will harden a bit as they cool). Enjoy warm or re-heate later for 10secs. in the microwave for a quick treat! Store in the freezer or in the fridge in a sealed tupperware container (layer cookies with parchment paper).
Nutrition per cookie: 76 calories, 3.5g fat, 5g protein, 7g carbs, 1.5g fibre